Incorporation Session 2 - Protecting Personal Assets
Kevin explains what asset protection is and the fundamentals of using legal business structures to separate your personal and business affairs. This session explains how you can control all of your assets, which includes liquid, real-property and interest in legal entities.
You will get some statistics about lawsuits and how a business structure plan, put into place before you need it, can detour a lawsuit from happening. This is an important message; asset protection only works properly when you create a legal plan during the "good times". Trying to protect assets after an event or cause of action, could result in criminal charges. Kevin emphasizes the point that this information is useless, unless you take action now and protect yourself, legally.
Another portion of this session shows the overall tax bite on American's, both income, property and estate taxes. With a solid legal structure plan in place, business owners are afforded excellent tax reduction options, another benefit of taking action.
Kevin also explains how a victim is created. The legal system in America is a profit tool for many lawyers and being exposed is the first vulnerability. In the session, you will understand where your financial advisor plays a role and even lawyers, while stressing the importance that each of us, the individual, at least understand and play an proactive role in creating a plan that works for you.
Inside This Session
- What is Asset Protection?
- How legal tools protect you, in a nutshell
- Tax rates and how you can benefit from a well-prepared legal plan year after year
- An overview of our legal system and how it can work for, or against, you
- Why taking action, now, is so important
- Lawsuit targets and how not to become one
- The importance of individual knowledge and how not to protect yourself and cause more legal issues